Life can be very difficult for many women as we try to juggle the challenges of our careers, relationships, parenting etc. These challenges can get in the way of feeling happy and content with life. So many of us are our own worst critics and rarely do we stop and appreciate ourselves.
One of the keys to feeling fulfilled in your life is to deeply know, understand and love yourself. The challenges we face in life are opportunities for us to grow in our understanding of who we are and what’s important to us.
There are things you can do to rediscover you, and rebuild your self-worth and a women’s life and relationship coach can help.
Here are some ways you can start loving the wonderful woman you are:
As well as acknowledging and celebrating other people’s achievements remember to acknowledge and celebrate your own achievements both big and small.
- For many of you our own inner critic has a very loud voice and can have a powerful impact on how we feel about ourselves. If you have an inner mean girls, one way to reduce that judgemental voice inside your own head, is to give that voice a silly name. When you do so, you lighten the tone of the voice and reduce its power over you. Give it a break and pamper yourself for the time being. It is time to appreciate, not to criticise yourself.
- Many women work almost constantly both outside and then inside our homes. Everyone needs down time though, including you. So plan a little getaway, or arrange to hang out with your friends or family (as long as they are people who support and lift you up, not put you down), or just spend precious alone time with your favourite music or a feel good movie.
- If you have given up many of the things you used to enjoy because of your day to day responsibilities, try to find a way to reconnect with your passions or interests. Giving yourself time to enjoy things you love is one way to feel better about life and to fill your own tank.
- Health is wealth.. So do all you can to keep your body and mind healthy and strong. Eating healthily most of the time and finding time for physical activities you enjoy go along way in maintaining health and wellbeing.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. No one is perfect but everyone is perfect in their own perfect imperfections. It’s our imperfections that most often make us lovable. Accept and love yourself exactly the way you are. If you can accept yourself in all your perfect imperfection, you will feel more content and at peace in yourself.
- Remember to prioritise yourself as well as looking after others. You can’t give to others what you haven’t already given to yourself. You are worthy of your own love and attention.
If you are ready to be guided step by step on that journey to rediscover you, a women life and relationship coach can help. Don’t hesitate to reach out to set the support you need.